October 1, 2014 - Poster/T-shirt artwork submissions due.
October 15, 2014 - Performer Proposals due. (Proposal Requirements document (PDF))
October 26, 2014 - Cast Auditions (Facebook Event: 2015 Cast Auditions for Medieval Fair )
December 1, 2014 - Vendor Applications due - Artists, Food Vendors, Game Vendors
January 12, 2015 - Vendor acceptance/rejection notices will be sent
February 2, 2015 - Vendor fees due. (A $50 late fee will be charged after this date.)
February 9, 2015 - Last day for vendor withdrawal with refund (less $25 processing fee)
Tuesday March 24, 2015 - Food and Game Vendor Set-up day (Electricity not available until after 3 pm Thursday 3/26)
Thursday March 26, 2015 - Artist Set-up day
Medieval Fair! March 27, 28 & 29, 2015
Performer proposals due October 15, 2014. (Proposal Requirements document (PDF))
Stage and street performers please note:
Entertainment for the Medieval Fair is selected by a jury process. The Medieval Fair is a medieval festival and not a renaissance festival. The flavor is as different as chocolate is to vanilla. The year is 1360 in Avalon England near Glastonbury Abbey and King Edward III has just signed a peace treaty with France. The Entertainment Jury is focused on selecting quality acts that best fit our theme as well as our mission statement “To ignite the spark of curiosity that leads to lifelong learning through educational entertainment.” The Medieval Fair is a program of the University of Oklahoma Outreach. All performances and content should be appropriate for general audiences, i.e. Rated G.
Medieval Fair Cast
Want to show off your inner Knight or Lady, Jester or Musician? Audition to be part of the 2015 Medieval Fair cast on Sunday, Oct. 26, 2014 in the Sooner Room of the Oklahoma Memorial Union. (Facebook Event: 2015 Cast Auditions for Medieval Fair )
The Cast Program provides individuals an opportunity to learn about the history, customs, manners, music, dance and dress of the time period while developing improvisational acting skills in preparation for their performances at the Fair.
Artists, Food Vendors, Game Vendors
The 2015 Medieval Fair will be March 27, 28 & 29. Applications for the 2015 Medieval Fair will be available by mid-July and due December 1, 2014.
Please review the Information, Rules and Procedures carefully before submitting your application (PDF).
- Liability insurance is required of ALL vendors.
- Smoking is not permitted at the park
- Artists- we are a juried craft show. Please consider applying if your work meets the following criteria.
- Handcrafted items or art only
- Quality of workmanship
- Inclusion of a European Medieval theme
- No manufactured, commercially produced, flea market or imported items unless the Jury rules them to have special relevance to the European Middle Ages.
- No plastic items, no wooden toys or toy swords that are not hand-crafted by you, no replica guns, and no University of Oklahoma trademark items (unless you can provide a copy of your licensing agreement)
There is a $15 Application Fee due with your application. Remaining fees (space, rentals, electric, city, advertising) will not be collected until AFTER you have been accepted. ALL artists, not just the new ones, must submit a complete list of products or services.
A processing fee of $25 will be charged for ALL returned checks.
A $50 late fee will be charged for ALL payments received after their due date.
Application & Deadlines
**Applications will be posted here as soon as they are available**
Have you ever wanted to be a part of the fun, magic and learning of Medieval Fair? Helping hands are always needed at the Information Booth, the Site Office, the many stages and elsewhere around Fair. (Check back here for signup information closer to Medieval Fair time.)
- Office or Information Booth- Assist patrons and vendors with information about the fair
- Vendor Services- Assist vendors in set-up, take-down or helping out with designated tasks during the fair
- Runners- assist with carrying messages and supplies to stages and vendors. Must be able to navigate the fair & walk long distances
- Town Criers- At stages and roaming the fair announcing upcoming events, must have a loud voice & knowledge to use it properly.
- Ice Delivery- Deliver ice to food vendors. (20# bags)
- Souvenir Booth- Help with stocking and folding at t-shirt booth.
Shifts: 9-11, 11-1, 1-3, 3-5, 5-7
We have a "vendors needing workers and workers needing work" list. If you would like to be added to this listing contact Ann Marie Eckart at email@example.com with a description of your need and your contact information. You will be added to an email list to receive the list as it is updated.
Where to stay:
Check out Sooner Suites for your lodging during the Medieval Fair.
RV Parking is available at Lloyd Noble Center. Click here for more details and a link to their website reservation form.
Go to the Norman Convention and Visitors Bureau's website for hotel information.
Working Map 2014